This is my place to keep all "completed" recipes. I shoot for consistency; these are good cooked exactly as written.
Apple Cabbage Stew
Surprisingly tasty. Originally sourced from Skyrim Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 whole yellow onion
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 or 2 whole apples, cored and diced
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat and add the onions. Cook until the onions are soft and just starting to brown.
- Add cabbage, and cook for around 10 minutes until the cabbage has softened.
- Add the thyme, broth, and apple. Cook for another 15 minutes or so, until the apple has softened.
This will provide meat suitable for around 16 tacos.
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 diced small tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 large yellow onion's worth of carmelized onions
- Add beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoning and stir well. Cook until the meat is cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add all other additives (corn, beans, etc). Do not drain the fat!
- When the additives are cooked through, remove with a strainer-spoon and place into a bowl to serve. Top with carmelized onions.
This is absolutely delicious. It makes enough for about 8 decent-sized slices of cake.
- 1 cup / 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flower
- Place the butter in a large bowl and beat it until it's creamy and smooth. Add sugar to the bowl, and mix until it's well combined, light, and fluffy.
- In a second bowl, combine 3 whole eggs, 3 egg yolks, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix them together thoroughly ensuring yolks are broken up.
- Add the egg mixture to the butter/sugar bowl in thirds, mixing thoroughly before adding the next third.
- Add the flour to the batter slowly while mixing thoroughly. Add it slowly unless you want to get absolutely coated in flour.
- Spread the batter into a baking dish, and spread the top as well as possible.
- Bake at 350F in the oven for about an hour. Insert a toothpick to see if it come out clean, at which point pull it out and let it cool. Be careful to test early and multiple times - letting it overcook will dry it out.
- Invert onto a cooling rack after about 20 minutes.
This is a light, tasty mix using some of the best things a Wastelander could reasonably scrounge up.
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part Limoncello
- 2 part agave syrup
- 4 part Sprite
- Mix and serve as shots. I recommend making up a large batch at once, to limit how messy the sticky agave syrup can get. The alcohol should be around 5% by volume.